Use and copyright
Users are authorized to view, play, print or download the Content of this Website only for personal, informational and non-commercial use. All of the content displayed on the Website, including text, graphics, photographs, images, moving images, sound and illustrations (“Content”), is owned by the Financial Services Pipeline Initiative, The Chicago Community Trust, its partners, agents and/or content providers. All elements of the Website, including without limitation the general design and the Content, are protected by trade dress, copyright, moral rights, trademark and other laws relating to intellectual property. The Website, its Content and all related rights shall remain the exclusive property of Financial Services Pipeline Initiative, The Chicago Community Trust, its partners, agents and/or content providers unless otherwise expressly agreed. You will not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from material found on this Website. Except for personal, informational or non-commercial purposes, you may not copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information or work contained on the Website.
You are prohibited from using the Website in any way that:
- is unlawful, threatening, violent, abusive, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious, indecent, vulgar, profane, obscene, or that the Chicago Community Trust deems in its sole discretion to be inappropriate;
- accesses, collects or stores personal information about others;
- violates or infringes the rights of anyone else, including, for example, another person’s right to privacy;
- impersonates any person, business, entity, or IP address (e.g., IP spoofing);
- involves uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any materials that you do not have a right to make available under any law;
- is commercial in nature, including, for example, advertising, promotional or marketing materials, or spam, phishing or other unsolicited messages;
- gains or tries to gain unauthorized access to the Website, its computers and networks, or its user data, or that otherwise modifies or interferes with the use or operation of the Website;
- imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Chicago Community Trust’s or its business partners’ infrastructure, including but not limited to transmitting spam or using other unsolicited mass emailing techniques;
- alters, damages, or deletes any content provided by the Chicago Community Trust;
- contains computer viruses or other disruptive, damaging or harmful files or programs; or
Any information or other communication you transmit to this Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. The Financial Services Pipeline Initiative and The Chicago Community Trust shall have the right to copy, disclose, modify, incorporate and otherwise use such submissions, without any obligation of confidentiality, attribution or compensation to you. By posting or transmitting any materials to this Website, you represent and warrant to us that you have all necessary rights in and to such materials and all information it contains and that such materials do not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or other material that would violate any law.
Links to external websites
Links to third-party websites on this Website are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Website. The Financial Services Pipeline Initiative and The Chicago Community Trust do not control and is not responsible for any of these third-party websites or their content. The Financial Services Pipeline Initiative and The Chicago Community Trust do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to on this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Your use of this Website is at your own risk. The Website and the materials provided on this Website are provided on an “as is, as available” basis without any warranties of any kind to the full extent permissible pursuant to applicable laws. Financial Services Pipeline Initiative and The Chicago Community Trust do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links, materials and other items contained on this Website.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will the Financial Services Pipeline Initiative, The Chicago Community Trust, its organizational and funding partners or other parties be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use or the results of use of this Website, any websites linked to this Website or the Content, materials or information contained at any or all such websites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. If your use of the Content, materials or information from this Website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data or other loss, you assume all costs thereof.
You specifically acknowledge that the Financial Services Pipeline Initiative, The Chicago Community Trust, its organizational and funding partners or other parties shall not be liable for user submissions, nor for defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you. The foregoing limitations of liability do not apply to the extent prohibited by law.
Any dispute arising out of your use of the Website shall be resolved according to the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America, without giving effect to that state’s principles of conflicts of laws. The federal and state courts of the State of Illinois shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims.